Saturday, March 16, 2013

Communication

This is the week that I was really looking forward too. You always hear everyone say that communication is key to a good relationship. Is that really true? What kind of communication? Did you know that we communicate without saying anything at all? Our body language our touch our eye role can say a million words. One word text we instantly think something is wrong when really we are just reading into what the other person said. Communication is really key in a relationship or at least that's what I thought from this week, but you need to know what kind of communication you have with your significant other or even a friend. I think I personally need to work on this. I need to realize that just because we aren't talking as much doesn't mean that something is wrong but rather he might be busy or be doing something to keep himself busy. Communication is an amazing thing. In the book Marriage and Family it says, "Good listening has been found to be important in all kinds of relationships" So its not just the talking part that is communication its actually listening to what the other person is saying and giving feedback that means something. I think that you should talk to your spouse about everything. I think that they are there to listen and not judge you but to help you through whatever you are going through. This whole chapter in the book and the classes I found very interesting. This was one of my favorite things to learn about.

No comments:

Post a Comment